directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Import LDIF into Schema Editor
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 21:08:34 GMT
Le 5/1/13 8:08 PM, Jim Willeke a écrit :
> Just curious If this can be done in an atomic operation where the element
> is deleted and added with no loss of data?
No. Not in the current version.

Implementing the modify operation for schema elements is really complex,
and we decided that it was not worth the effort - at least in this
versions -.

Keep in mind that schema operations are not supposed to be done live in
production, as it may impact *all* of your data.

Now, if you delete and add a schema element, it won't delete any of your
data.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,