directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject Simple code example of paged result?
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 15:15:18 GMT
Hi,

For migration purposes, we sometimes need to loop through all entries in the directory.
For example if we create a search cursor with ( uid=* ) this often leads to a timeout because
the result is tens of thousands.

10:39:24,614 ERROR root:279 - Cursor error
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapException: TimeOut occurred
       at org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.SearchCursorImpl.next(SearchCursorImpl.java:140)

Aside from setting the timeout to 2 mins, I'd like to use a paged result.

Does anyone have a simple working example of a paged search result?  In the PagedSearchIT
there's a JNDI example.
Was looking for something the in the Apache API if possible. Many thanks!