directory-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Hamilton <khamil...@umem.org>
Subject Re: Import LDIF with operational attributes
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 19:05:54 GMT
I am using M11 for the import. I was just getting the data from the M2. I
think I figured out what was wrong. I actually received an error that said
the following:

version: 1

#!RESULT ERROR
#!CONNECTION ldap://CONNECTION:10636
#!DATE 2013-04-10T14:41:32.336
#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 19 - CONSTRAINT_VIOLATION: failed for MessageType
: MODIFY_REQUEST Message ID : 432     Modify Request         Object :
'uid=BLAH,ou=users,ou=BLAH,ou=system'             Modification[0]
      Operation :  replace                 Modification objectclass:
organizationalPerson objectclass: person objectclass: inetOrgPerson
objectclass: top             Modification[1]                 Operation :
 replace                 Modification cn: BLAH             Modification[2]
                Operation :  replace                 Modification sn: BLAH
            Modification[3]                 Operation :  replace
      Modification mail: BLAH             Modification[4]
Operation :  replace                 Modification uid: BLAH
Modification[5]                 Operation :  replace
Modification userPassword: BLAH'             Modification[6]
  Operation :  replace                 Modification entryUUID:
99cadd12-1170-4dbb-a66c-2237a89d7b12
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.ModifyRequestImpl@ba1384fc:
invalid reuse of password present in password history]
dn: uid=kfarrell,ou=users,ou=umem,ou=system
objectclass: organizationalPerson
objectclass: person
objectclass: inetOrgPerson
objectclass: top
cn: BLAH
sn: BLAH
mail: BLAH
uid: BLAH
userPassword:: BLAH
entryUUID:: OTljYWRkMTItMTE3MC00ZGJiLWE2NmMtMjIzN2E4OWQ3YjEy

I just thought my password policies has to be updated in the config LDIF. I
went in and updated it so that it looks like below (was planning on
changing them after I got the import to work):
dn:
ads-pwdId=default,ou=passwordPolicies,ads-interceptorId=authenticationInterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
objectClass: top
objectClass: ads-base
objectClass: ads-passwordPolicy
ads-pwdId: default
ads-pwdSafeModify: FALSE
ads-pwdMaxAge: 0
ads-pwdFailureCountInterval: 30
ads-pwdAttribute: userPassword
ads-pwdMaxFailure: 10
ads-pwdLockout: TRUE
ads-pwdMustChange: FALSE
ads-pwdLockoutDuration: 0
ads-pwdMinLength: 5
ads-pwdInHistory: 5
ads-pwdExpireWarning: 600
ads-pwdMinAge: 0
ads-pwdAllowUserChange: TRUE
ads-pwdGraceAuthNLimit: 5
ads-pwdCheckQuality: 0
ads-pwdMaxLength: 0
ads-pwdGraceExpire: 0
ads-pwdMinDelay: 0
ads-pwdMaxDelay: 0
ads-pwdMaxIdle: 0
ads-enabled: TRUE

Now when try to start the service, it fails with the following message. Any
idea why and if it was something I did when I edited the above values?

wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 1    | Wrapper (Version 3.2.3) http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org
jvm 1    |   Copyright 1999-2006 Tanuki Software, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    | [14:53:58] ERROR
[org.apache.directory.server.wrapper.ApacheDsTanukiWrapper] - Failed to
start the service.
jvm 1    | org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapOtherException
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.api.partition.AbstractPartition.initialize(AbstractPartition.java:84)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1796)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1227)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.ApacheDsService.initDirectoryService(ApacheDsService.java:315)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.ApacheDsService.start(ApacheDsService.java:179)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.wrapper.ApacheDsTanukiWrapper.start(ApacheDsTanukiWrapper.java:72)
jvm 1    | at
org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager$12.run(WrapperManager.java:2788)
jvm 1    | Caused by:
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapOtherException
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.api.partition.AbstractPartition.initialize(AbstractPartition.java:84)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.shared.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.addContextPartition(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:824)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.shared.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.doInit(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:218)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.api.partition.AbstractPartition.initialize(AbstractPartition.java:79)
jvm 1    | ... 6 more
jvm 1    | Caused by:
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapOperationErrorException
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.AbstractBTreePartition.fetch(AbstractBTreePartition.java:1148)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.AbstractBTreePartition.lookup(AbstractBTreePartition.java:1058)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmPartition.doInit(JdbmPartition.java:235)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.api.partition.AbstractPartition.initialize(AbstractPartition.java:79)
jvm 1    | ... 9 more
jvm 1    | Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.StringValue.readExternal(StringValue.java:540)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.StringValue.deserialize(StringValue.java:497)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.name.Ava.readExternal(Ava.java:1117)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.name.Rdn.readExternal(Rdn.java:1589)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.EntrySerializer.deserialize(EntrySerializer.java:184)
jvm 1    | at jdbm.btree.BPage.deserialize(BPage.java:1188)
jvm 1    | at jdbm.btree.BPage.deserialize(BPage.java:81)
jvm 1    | at
jdbm.recman.BaseRecordManager.fetch(BaseRecordManager.java:329)
jvm 1    | at
jdbm.recman.CacheRecordManager.fetch(CacheRecordManager.java:264)
jvm 1    | at jdbm.btree.BPage.loadBPage(BPage.java:949)
jvm 1    | at jdbm.btree.BPage.find(BPage.java:280)
jvm 1    | at jdbm.btree.BTree.find(BTree.java:413)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmTable.get(JdbmTable.java:325)
jvm 1    | at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.AbstractBTreePartition.fetch(AbstractBTreePartition.java:1119)
jvm 1    | ... 12 more
wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped

Thanks so much for your help!

- Kevin