directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenLDAP to ApacheDS Migration | Help Needed
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:30:52 GMT
Hi Pradumna,

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Dash, Pradyumna <
pradyumnakPrumar.dash@capgemini.com <pradyumnakumar.dash@capgemini.com>>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need a help, Am new to apacheDS but have good understanding of OpenLDAP.
>
> What I want to achieve is below, Would be great if you can share how we
> can do it and what issues I might face during this.
>

> I.                    Migrate from OpenLDAP to ApacheDS, How will I do it?
> LDIF export/import will do ? Or do I need to do anything else?
>
> which version of ApacheDS are you using?
first, if your data is depending on any custom schema/schema elements then
you need to import them into ApacheDS
then you can import data using LDIF

> II.                  How to configure replication for ApacheDS
>
> The easiest way is to use Studio's[1] configuration editor[2] and
configure the replication.

[1] http://directory.apache.org/studio/downloads.html
[2] http://d.pr/i/Lvj3 Right click on the connection and select "Open
Configuration" to open the configuration editor, this works with
2.0.Mxversions of server

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com