directory-users mailing list archives

From Tanguy tlrx <tlrx....@gmail.com>
Subject LDAP error code 80 when recursively delete entry
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 09:36:19 GMT
Hi all,

We are using the Spring LDAP framework (1.3.1.RELEASE) to create/update and
delete LDAP entries in an ApacheDS (2.0.0-M10) server.

In a custom partition, we create entries with a custom objectClass defined
in our schema. Theses entries have sub-entries, also with a custom
objectClass.

We use the recursive delete method of the LdapTemplate object (provided by
spring ldap framework) to delete a parent entry, and we sometimes (but not
always) have the following exception:

-----
org.springframework.ldap.UncategorizedLdapException: Uncategorized
exception occured during LDAP processing; nested exception is
javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 80 - OTHER: failed for
MessageType : SEARCH_REQUEST
Message ID : 2
SearchRequest
baseDn : 'cn=license2,ou=licenses,o=myorg'
filter : '(objectClass=*:[244])'
scope : single level
typesOnly : false
Size Limit : no limit
Time Limit : no limit
Deref Aliases : deref Always
attributes :
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.SearchRequestImpl@96abbb02ManageDsaITImpl
Control
Type OID : '2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.2'
Criticality : 'false'
'
: null]; remaining name 'cn=license2,ou=licenses'
at
org.springframework.ldap.support.LdapUtils.convertLdapException(LdapUtils.java:217)
at
org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.deleteRecursively(LdapTemplate.java:1122)
at
org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate$25.executeWithContext(LdapTemplate.java:1083)
at
org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.executeWithContext(LdapTemplate.java:807)
at
org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.executeReadWrite(LdapTemplate.java:802)
at
org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.doUnbindRecursively(LdapTemplate.java:1081)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.unbind(LdapTemplate.java:1044)
-----

The deleteRecursively method simply tries to unbind sub entries before the
parent entry. I can't debug what is going on on ApacheDS side because to
many DEBUG traces are logged :/ When looking into the LDAP, the entry + sub
entries are not deleted.

Do you have any idea? There's an index defined in the partition for "cn"
attribute, do you think it can be the origin of the issue?

Thanks,

-- Tanguy