directory-users mailing list archives

From Piotr Kubowicz <pkubow...@antennasoftware.com>
Subject Re: Disabling transactions in an embedded ApacheDS to boost performance
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 12:50:28 GMT
Thanks for the advice. It turned out that in my case the best option was to change the default
partition factory by setting the 'apacheds.partition.factory' system property (read by DefaultDirectoryServiceFactory).
This assures that the schema partition won't be a bottleneck.

With this setting I am able to achieve 200-300 adds per second on M11 (the performance does
not differ between M7 and M11 when using AVL partitions). I haven't met any memory-related
problems when running my tests.

Thank you for your help.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
($_1,$_)=("it uoiz<kbwc\@nensfwr.o>","");sub P{$_=shift;s/!|!.*!//g;split//;}$O=

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify
the system administrator at administrator@antennasoftware.com