directory-users mailing list archives

From Ike Ikonne <iiko...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: How to import an LDIF schema into appache direcory
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:44:49 GMT
Great!  I will try the steps.

Thanks,

Ike

From:   Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
To:     users@directory.apache.org,
Date:   02/12/2013 05:40 PM
Subject:        Re: How to import an LDIF schema into appache direcory

Le 2/12/13 7:13 PM, Ike Ikonne a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have the following schema that I use for OpenLdap and Microsoft AD,
> I would like to import this schema into Apache Directory Server; what
are
> the steps
> that I must have to take in order to successfully achieve this? I have
had
> all
> kinds of problems trying to import it into Apache Directory. Any
pointers
> would
> be appreciated. By the way, I use Apache Directory studio to send
> configuration
> data to the Apache Directory Server.  This schema is stored in a file.

This is a two steps process :
- first, you have to import the schema using the Schema Editor
 * create a new schema project
(
http://directory.apache.org/studio/users-guide/schema_editor/tasks_creating_new_project.html
)
 * import schema -> Format OpenLDAP
(
http://directory.apache.org/studio/users-guide/schema_editor/tasks_importing_schemas_from_openldap_files.html
)
 * export schema -> Format ApacheDS
(
http://directory.apache.org/studio/users-guide/schema_editor/tasks_exporting_schemas_for_apache_ds.html
)

that will create a LDIF formatted schema for apacheds

- second, you have to import the ldif file into Apacheds using the
LdapBrowser
(
http://directory.apache.org/studio/users-guide/ldap_browser/tools_ldifimport_wizard.html
)