directory-users mailing list archives

From Piotr Bzdyl <pi...@bzdyl.net>
Subject Importing schema
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:45:48 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to do following:
- embed DS in my app
- import schema (99user.ldif) with custom schema - the file is from
Sun LDAP server

I am importing the schema just as the ldif file with
DSAnnotationProcessor.injectLdiFiles(Class, DirectoryService,
String[]).

The first problem I had was with custom attributes (X-ORIGIN). From DS
JIRA I can see that the DS ldif parser doesn't support it. I just
removed X-ORIGIN from my ldif.

Now I am getting other errors. So I thought I will ask if this is the
way I should import schema to my embedded DS?

I wanted to embed it in my dev profile of my app so I can quickly
start it locally without external dependencies. I just create
DirectoryService and LdapServer instances and setup my partition. Do I
need to do any special handling of custom schemas? In one of the unit
test support classes from DS I was special code for schema partition
setup. Is it needed in my case?

Best regards,
Piotr