directory-users mailing list archives

From vamsi krishna <vkrishn...@gmail.com>
Subject Extending Authentication for Bind
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:19:16 GMT
Hello All,

I am trying to extend Authentication from ApacheDS. I am trying to write a
Custom Authenticator that will

1. Take the username and password presented in the Bind, and lookup
Username and Passwords from a backend database (Oracle)
2. Authenticate the User and Password based on the database values
3. Accept the Bind.

So Far, I have been successful in Creating a Custom Authenticator that is
able to validate Username and Passwords from my backend Databases. However
once that is done my bind requests are failing with
*[17:31:34] ERROR
[org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.AbstractAuthenticator]*
*- ERR_6 Authentication error : ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for
uid=admin*
*
*
Exceptions on the Server Side.

Is there any help on how we can extend Authenticators in ApacheDS 2.0?

I have been trying to find resources but have been unsuccessful in doing
the same.

Thanks,
Vamsi