directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Evaluating ApacheDS as part of a preemptive cache
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:35:56 GMT
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Tom <ml@tombruser.com> wrote:

> [...]
uses secondary storage. You can replace that with AvlPartition[2] which is
a in-memory partition implementation, this example should give you a fair
idea of how the embedded
server works (this example also enables the network layer, this can be
turned off in your actual application if needed)

> >let us know which version of the server you are using
>
> That is actually a question I missed in my OP.  My target production date
> is
> in September, but this has to be stabilized much sooner since it is such a
> core piece of the architecture.  I noticed several 1.5x releases that are
> marked as 'feature releases, unstable'.  What is the recommended version
> for
> use in a production environment?
>
> I would suggest you to go with the 2.0.0-M10(or M11 which will be released
next week)
The current 2.0 (milestone) version is much more advanced and feature rich
than the 1.5.x series

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/kayyagari/embedded-sample-trunk/
[2]