directory-users mailing list archives

From "Boxer, Aaron" <Aaron.Bo...@uhn.ca>
Subject RE: Latest release will not start on windows 7 64 bit with Java 7
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 15:49:38 GMT
Yes, you're right. When I uninstalled, deleted the ApacheDS\instance directory,
And then re-installed, the server runs fine.

Problem is, I have now lost my default instance settings.

So, it looks like the M10 version is not backwards compatible with the M9 version.

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:53 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Latest release will not start on windows 7 64 bit with Java 7

Le 2/6/13 3:34 PM, Boxer, Aaron a écrit :
> Hi Emmanuel,
> Thanks. No, I don't have an older version; I uninstalled The previous
> version, then installed the latest and Got this error.
>
> Interestingly, the install goes in Program Files(x86) directory; is
> this a 32 vs 64 bit version issue, perhaps.
>
> The previous milestone ran fine.
I'm pretty sure that the uninstaller left some jars somewhere on your disk.

This is not your fault, but still, those jars are found by the new version, and you get the
errors you exposed in your last mail.

Starting with a clean installation (with no previous jars), the server should run fine.

Feel free to create a JIRA mentionning that the uninstaller left olds files, we will investigate
the issue.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the
intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended
is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the
organization.