directory-users mailing list archives

From "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <gang.yang....@mail.mil>
Subject RE: Broken link in ApacheDS 2.0 Kerberos User's Guide
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 21:50:36 GMT
Emmanuel,

Thanks for the new addition. Combined with the first section, it really provided a good overview
and instructions to setup Kerberos in ApacheDS.

I followed the section 4 instructions and with some tweaks, I was able to get to a point where
it should've succeeded with the Kerberos authentication, but failed with an error I don't
know why it occured. The error shown in the debug log was

jvm 1    | [15:45:23] WARN [org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapProtocolHandler] - Unexpected
excep
tion forcing session to close: sending disconnect notice to client.
jvm 1    | java.security.PrivilegedActionException: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Failure
to in
itialize security context [Caused by GSSException: Invalid name provided (Mechanism level:
Could not
 load configuration file C:\Windows\krb5.ini (The system cannot find the file specified))]
jvm 1    |      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
jvm 1    |      at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.bind.gssapi.GssapiMechanismHandler.hand
leMechanism(GssapiMechanismHandler.java:74)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.request.BindRequestHandler.handleSaslAu
th(BindRequestHandler.java:560)

This happed at the binding stage after successfully obtaining the ticket from TGS. What baffles
me is that why is it looking for Wnidow krb5.ini while I'm using all ApacheDS provided services?
Was this a bug or I missed some configuration?

Appreciate any help.

Gang