directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extending Authentication for Bind
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:00:29 GMT
Le 2/21/13 1:19 PM, vamsi krishna a écrit :
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to extend Authentication from ApacheDS. I am trying to write a
> Custom Authenticator that will
>
> 1. Take the username and password presented in the Bind, and lookup
> Username and Passwords from a backend database (Oracle)
> 2. Authenticate the User and Password based on the database values
> 3. Accept the Bind.
>
> So Far, I have been successful in Creating a Custom Authenticator that is
> able to validate Username and Passwords from my backend Databases. However
> once that is done my bind requests are failing with
> *[17:31:34] ERROR
> [org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.AbstractAuthenticator]*
> *- ERR_6 Authentication error : ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for
> uid=admin*

It's very likely that your authenticator is never actually called.

You should add the specific Authenticator to the list of authenticators
associated with your authentication level (which can be simple, string
or anonymous. In your case, I suggest simple).

Are you sure your authenticator is initialized ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,