directory-users mailing list archives

From "Wolfgang Müller" <wmuel...@scoop-gmbh.de>
Subject Re: ApacheDS embedded Ldap server example?
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:43:39 GMT

Am 08.02.2013 17:07, schrieb Kiran Ayyagari:

> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Wolfgang Müller <wmueller@scoop-gmbh.de
> <mailto:wmueller@scoop-gmbh.de>> wrote:
>
>     Thank you very much, that worked for me.
>     But there is one problem left - I have a custom partition that I create
>     and add to the directory service like this:
>
>     DefaultDirectoryServiceFactory factory = new
>     DefaultDirectoryServiceFactory();
>     factory.init("Test");
>     service = factory.getDirectoryService();
>     Partition partition = new MyPartition();
>     partition.setId("My");
>     partition.setSuffixDn(new Dn("dc=mycompany,dc=com"));
>     service.addPartition(partition);
>
> this looks fine
>
>     The getSuffixDn() method of MyPartition just returns the Dn that was set
>     with setSuffixDn.
>
>     But when I connect to my ldap server with ADS, I cannot see my
>     "dc=mycompany,dc=com" entries below the root DSE. And ldap searches
>     against "dc=mycompany,dc=com" are responded by my custom partition, but
>     they result in exceptions on the server side.
>
> do you see the value "dc=mycompany,dc=com" in "namingContexts" attribute
> of RootDSE entry?

Yes, I see three namingContexts attributes: "ou=system" and "ou=schema"
and "dc=mycompany,dc=com".

> if yes, then your partition is added. To see and use your partition the
> context entry for "dc=mycompany,dc=com" needs to be added

What do you mean with "context entry needs to be added"? How do I do that?

Well, I am getting a little desperate - to get things working, I added a
normal AvlPartition and tried to add a top level element to it. But all
I get are exceptions - this is a very time consuming process of guessing
and guessing. Do you really have no simple example for a 2.0.0 flavour
partition? Or at least a code snippet that successfully adds entries to
an AvlPartition?

--
Viele Grüße / Best regards,
Wolfgang Müller