directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Error 56
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:34:37 GMT
Le 2/4/13 11:10 AM, Patricio Demitrio a écrit :
> Hi Kiran /everyone.
>
> Well, from apacheStudio, I'm trying to delete the attribute userpassword
> and it's not letting me. Here's the error in apacheStudio:
> ------
> Error while executing LDIF
>  - [LDAP: error code 80 - OTHER: failed for MessageType : MODIFY_REQUES
>   java.lang.Exception: [LDAP: error code 80 - OTHER: failed for MessageType
> : MODIFY_REQUEST
> Message ID : 25
>     Modify Request
>         Object : 'uid=user8,ou=people,dc=eiger,dc=com'
>             Modification[0]
>                 Operation :  delete
>                 Modification
>     userpassword: (null)
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.message.ModifyRequestImpl@aec4e630:
> null]

This is a clear bug in Studio : when we create the modify request, we
create a ModifyRequest containing this modification :

dn: uid=user8,ou=people,dc=eiger,dc=com
changetype: modify
delete: userPassword
-

which get translated to an internal data structure (ModifyRequestImpl)
where the deletion is applied on the userPassword AttributeType but with
the null value being added (yes, we can have null values associated to
an Attrbute, but this is not frequent)?

The consequence being that we are trying to delete the null value from
the userPassword attribute, which obviously can't be found.

We will fix this issue.

> Maybe the problem has been always here
Yes.

You should try by switching to JNDI in the connection you are using in
Studio :
connection (right click)
 -> properties
    -> Provider : select JNDI