directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject RE: Getting fully qualified distinguished name from entry
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 20:31:05 GMT
OK, this is my mistake.  I restarted everything and it's not happening now. Although it was
repeatable  before I sent the message.
I kept getting an entry back that looked like this for my group.

    dn: uid=1343053588198
    objectClass: uidObject
    objectClass: groupOfNames
    objectClass: top
    member: uid=admin,ou=system
    uid: 1343053588198
    cn: Group Display Name

then when I tried to modify

connection.modify(entry,mods); // group member changes.

This exception was thrown..

13:51:08,329 ERROR Error updating groups in DN : uid=1343053588198
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapNoSuchObjectException: NO_SUCH_OBJECT: failed
for MessageType : MODIFY_REQUEST

Message ID : 3
    Modify Request
        Object : 'uid=1343053588198'
            Modification[0]
                Operation :  replace
                Modification
member: uid=1329147365652,ou=users,ou=int,o=cpro
member: uid=admin,ou=system
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.ModifyRequestImpl@335407ca: ERR_268 Cannot find
a partition for uid=1343053588198
        at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.ResultCodeEnum.processResponse(ResultCodeEnum.java:2046)
        at org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection.modify(LdapNetworkConnection.java:2120)

I changed some code. I was updating the entry twice consecutively in a very short time.
Maybe this had something to do with it. Will keep testing. Thanks.