directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject Password policy response, ideas?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 23:13:57 GMT
Hi, I've tried everything I can think of but cannot get the BindResponse  cast to the PasswordPolicyResponse
 object I need.
When I breakpoint the line Control control= ..  I can see the data I'm looking for is there.
 I just can't' get it into a useable object.
I get
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.codec.BasicControlDecorator cannot be cast to org.apache.directory.api.ldap.extras.controls.ppolicy_impl.PasswordPolicyDecorator

I want to bind with a password policy control, get the response and retrieve the policy error.
Thanks..

Here is the pseudo code.

                     BindRequest bindRequest = new BindRequestImpl();
                     bindRequest.setDn(dn);
                     bindRequest.setCredentials(strPassword);

                     LdapApiService codec = LdapApiServiceFactory.getSingleton();
                     PasswordPolicyDecorator pwCtrl = new PasswordPolicyDecorator(codec,new
PasswordPolicyImpl());

                     bindRequest.addControl(pwCtrl);
                     bindResponse = connection.bind(bindRequest);

              if (bindResponse.hasControl(PasswordPolicy.OID))
{
                     Control control = ((Response)bindResponse).getControls().get( PasswordPolicy.OID
);
                     PasswordPolicy pwPolicy = ((PasswordPolicyDecorator)control).getDecorated();
// exception thrown here!

                     PasswordPolicyResponse  pw = pwPolicy.getResponse();   //<- this is
where I 'm trying to get.

              }

Thanks!