directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tom" ...@tombruser.com>
Subject RE: Evaluating ApacheDS as part of a preemptive cache
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:24:15 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: ayyagarikiran@gmail.com [mailto:ayyagarikiran@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Kiran Ayyagari
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:50 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Evaluating ApacheDS as part of a preemptive cache

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Tom <ml@tombruser.com> wrote:

>> I'm evaluating potential solutions for building a preemptive cache of
>> user profile and group information.  Basically, I'm looking to do the
following:

> are you planning to use the server in embedded mode?

Yes, it will be embedded

>> 1)      Build an in-memory preemptive (prepopulated) cache
>>
>> 2)      Make the data in the cache accessible and query able via LDAP to
>> support some legacy and 3rd party applications
>>
>> 3)      Create a simple yet efficient mechanism for managing dynamic
groups

>> 4)      Nice to have - ability to directly access the backing data
without
>> using LDAP
>
> You can achieve all this if you use the server in embedded mode
>You need to extend the in-memory partition and back it up with your
cache/db this is slightly involved but not that difficult to acheive

Can you point me in the direction of a starting point for this; i.e. is
there some sample code for how to set up a simple embedded DS that uses the
in-memory partition?  I've only found mention of the in-memory partition so
far, but no specifics.

>let us know which version of the server you are using

That is actually a question I missed in my OP.  My target production date is
in September, but this has to be stabilized much sooner since it is such a
core piece of the architecture.  I noticed several 1.5x releases that are
marked as 'feature releases, unstable'.  What is the recommended version for
use in a production environment?