directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Error 56
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:10:38 GMT
Patricio,

   Are your users maintained by openam (or whichever software connecting to
ApacheDS)?

   If yes, then this might be an issue[1] with the way openam is modifying
the userPassword attribute
   (attribute names are case insensitive in LDAP)

[1] your user entry has 'pwdPolicy' object class (objectClass: pwdPolicy)
which is not generally used
      as part of a user entry but rather injecting pwdPolicySubentry
attribute is a correct way to enforce
     password policy

--
Kiran Ayyagari