directory-users mailing list archives

From Jim Willeke <...@willeke.com>
Subject Re: JNID vs. Apache DS API - Reconnect to LDAP
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:17:08 GMT
Within JNDI, you can search for some know entry and determine if it returns
a value (or if an exception is thrown).
If you get the "correct" response, you know you are good.

I did not check, but undoubtedly, the isConnected() call is doing something
similar as the LDAP protocol has no method to determine "isConnected".

--
-jim
Jim Willeke