directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: how to configure a server using studio
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 07:17:58 GMT
Hi Antoine,

On 7 janv. 2013, at 00:53, Antoine Levy Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:

> Uhhm I found in an earlier posting the context menu "Open Configuration" in the Connections
tab this solved one of my problems.

Yeah, the option is "hidden" in the contextual menu of a connection.
But, the connection first needs to be accessed (connected) once, so that we can detect the
kind of server it is.
This triggers the display of the "Open Configuration" action in the contextual menu.

> The other issue with the interceptors, partitions and services which were not visible
was solved by running the latest Directory Studio.

That is pretty weird... What version did you use before?

> I now have another problem in Studio when opening the configuration of my server :
>
> org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapNoSuchAttributeException: ERR_04269
ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for OID ads-dsmaxpdusize does not exist!
> 	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.lookup(DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.java:317)
> 	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.lookup(DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.java:47)
> 	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.schemamanager.impl.DefaultSchemaManager.lookupAttributeTypeRegistry(DefaultSchemaManager.java:1623)
> 	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.DefaultEntry.<init>(DefaultEntry.java:311)
> 	at org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.jobs.LoadConfigurationRunnable.readConfiguration(LoadConfigurationRunnable.java:358)
> 	at org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.jobs.LoadConfigurationRunnable.getConfiguration(LoadConfigurationRunnable.java:182)
> 	at org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.jobs.LoadConfigurationRunnable.run(LoadConfigurationRunnable.java:127)
> 	at org.apache.directory.studio.common.core.jobs.StudioJob.run(StudioJob.java:83)
> 	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
> Caused by: org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapException: ERR_04269 ATTRIBUTE_TYPE
for OID ads-dsmaxpdusize does not exist!
> 	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.schema.registries.DefaultSchemaObjectRegistry.lookup(DefaultSchemaObjectRegistry.java:176)
> 	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.lookup(DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.java:313)

This is a "know error" but we can't do much about it.
This is due to a change in ApacheDS schema in the latest versions and trunk.

As you've seen, running the latest version of Studio from trunk solves the issue (the schema
has been updated inside studio to match ApacheDS's current one).

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

> I am going to update the server too and see what happens.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antoine
>

> On Jan 6, 2013, at 6:17 PM, Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed a Directory server on my mac under /usr/local/apacheds-2.0.0-M9-SNAPSHOT
and started it from there.

>> In such a case, is there a way to configure this server from Directory Studio and
add this server inside the "Servers" window of Studio ?

>> Or can one configure with Studio only servers which were created with Studio ?
>>
>> Also, I added one partition to my Directory and since then I do not see the entries
below ou=interceptors,ou=configuration,ou=system,