directory-users mailing list archives

From "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <gang.yang....@mail.mil>
Subject RE: Query for user's groups
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:07:12 GMT
Emmanuel,

Thanks for the reply. I was using ou:dn:=Roles and it did not work. I thought I was doing
something wrong. How can I find out what's supported and what's not by ApacheDS? It could've
saved me some effort:-(

Gang

________________________________
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:32 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Query for user's groups

Le 1/29/13 8:52 PM, Yang, Gang CTR (US) a écrit :
> Sorry, I should've said knowing the group's parent's RDN, "Roles".

If you know what is the parent's DN, then use it as a base for your
search request, using the same filter.

Sadly, would Apacheds support ExtensibleMatch, you would be able to do
it using such a filter :

(&(ou:dn:=Roles)(objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames)(uniqueMember=uid=abc,ou=People,dc-sample,dc=com))

but we don't support (yet) extensibleMatch in filters ... That would be
*the* solution.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,