directory-users mailing list archives

From "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <gang.yang....@mail.mil>
Subject Query for user's groups
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:45:19 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to write an LDAP filter that returns the group/role (knowing only the the
group's RDN, say "Roles") a particular user (knowning the user's DN, say "uid=abc,ou=Peole,dc=sample,dc=com")
belongs to and of course failed. I was able to return all groups the user belongs to by using
the following filter:

(&(objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames)(uniqueMember=uid=abc,ou=People,dc-sample,dc=com))

But how do I qualify the group with the paren's RDN, "Roles"? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gang