directory-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Migration from AD
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:10:13 GMT
On 15/01/2013 14:55, Bettinazzi Tullio wrote:
> I would like to migrate my AD repository to Apache DS but I didn't find any migration
tool.
> The most important informations I need to migrate are users and their passwords.
> Is it possible ?
> Could someone suggest a tool?

Hi Tullio,
if you are interested, and especially if you need to migrate only user
profiles from AD to ApacheDS, I'd suggest an approach based on Apache
Syncope.

The idea could be to synchronize user profiles from AD to Syncope (which
features a full-Java agentless AD connector) and then propagate such
users to ApacheDS (via standard LDAPv3 connector).
You can see an example close to your use case at [1].

Post your questions / comments to user@syncope.apache.org in case.

Regards.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Synchronize+Active+Directory+with+SQL+database