directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Latter-version file name/locations: server.xml and apacheds-tools.jar
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 17:26:40 GMT
Le 1/4/13 6:18 PM, Barnes, Jeffrey (GE Global Research, consultant) a
écrit :
> Hi all,
>

> For ApacheDS v1.5.7, we had advised modifying these two files to add some authentication
information. In the latest v2.0 installation, however, the server.xml file (used to be in
<installation home>/instances/default/conf folder) no longer exists, nor does the apacheds-tools.jar
file (used to be in the /bin directory).
Right. The configuration is now stored in the DIT, and can be updated
eitehr using Studio - the prefered way - or by modifying the associated
ldif file, assuming you understand the potential risks.

The apacheds-tools.jar has been removed, it was totally buggy.

> In their wisdom, we only certify against v1.5.7, but it would be nice to give someone
using the latest version a hint as to where they might try to implement authentication. As
a technical writer, I can get around certain roadblocks, but not when the directory structure
and file name change.
We have documented the new configuration in teh site - which will be
published in the next few days -. You can check the stagging site here :
http://directory.staging.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/2-server-config.html

> Thanks for any advice you can give me.

You are welcome. Would you have any question, feel free to ask !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,