directory-users mailing list archives

From "Boxer, Aaron" <>
Subject RE: default partition not showing up
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 19:14:18 GMT
> Is this the example partition?
> no, this is the configuration of the partition

Thanks. So, where should I look for the example partition? The docs show the partition appearing
right beneath the Root level in the LDAP browser, but I don't see it there.

> If so, where is the "com" part of the dn ?
the partition's DN can contain more than one RDN yet not parent is needed e.x in the case
of dc=example,dc=com there is no need for dc=com root

> (I am new to LDAP, btw)
> np, feel free to contact us if you have any questions

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the
intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended
is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the

View raw message