directory-users mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: how to configure a server using studio
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 02:57:14 GMT
Thanks Pierre-Arnaud for your answers.

I must say that I do not know the exact version of studio which I had before my update, I
only know that it was a 2.0.x but cannot tell exactly.

Since trunk fixes my problems I am not worried by that.

Regards,

Antoine
On Jan 7, 2013, at 2:17 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:

> Hi Antoine,
>
> On 7 janv. 2013, at 00:53, Antoine Levy Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Uhhm I found in an earlier posting the context menu "Open Configuration" in the Connections
tab this solved one of my problems.

> Yeah, the option is "hidden" in the contextual menu of a connection.
> But, the connection first needs to be accessed (connected) once, so that we can detect
the kind of server it is.
> This triggers the display of the "Open Configuration" action in the contextual menu.
>
>> The other issue with the interceptors, partitions and services which were not visible
was solved by running the latest Directory Studio.

> That is pretty weird... What version did you use before?
>
>> I now have another problem in Studio when opening the configuration of my server
:

>> org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapNoSuchAttributeException: ERR_04269
ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for OID ads-dsmaxpdusize does not exist!
>> 	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.lookup(DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.java:317)
>> 	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.lookup(DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.java:47)
>> 	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.schemamanager.impl.DefaultSchemaManager.lookupAttributeTypeRegistry(DefaultSchemaManager.java:1623)
>> 	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.DefaultEntry.<init>(DefaultEntry.java:311)
>> 	at org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.jobs.LoadConfigurationRunnable.readConfiguration(LoadConfigurationRunnable.java:358)
>> 	at org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.jobs.LoadConfigurationRunnable.getConfiguration(LoadConfigurationRunnable.java:182)
>> 	at org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.jobs.LoadConfigurationRunnable.run(LoadConfigurationRunnable.java:127)
>> 	at org.apache.directory.studio.common.core.jobs.StudioJob.run(StudioJob.java:83)
>> 	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
>> Caused by: org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapException: ERR_04269
ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for OID ads-dsmaxpdusize does not exist!
>> 	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.schema.registries.DefaultSchemaObjectRegistry.lookup(DefaultSchemaObjectRegistry.java:176)
>> 	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.lookup(DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.java:313)
>
> This is a "know error" but we can't do much about it.
> This is due to a change in ApacheDS schema in the latest versions and trunk.
>
> As you've seen, running the latest version of Studio from trunk solves the issue (the
schema has been updated inside studio to match ApacheDS's current one).

> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
>> I am going to update the server too and see what happens.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Antoine
>>

>> On Jan 6, 2013, at 6:17 PM, Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I installed a Directory server on my mac under /usr/local/apacheds-2.0.0-M9-SNAPSHOT
and started it from there.

>>> In such a case, is there a way to configure this server from Directory Studio
and add this server inside the "Servers" window of Studio ?

>>> Or can one configure with Studio only servers which were created with Studio
?

>>> Also, I added one partition to my Directory and since then I do not see the entries
below ou=interceptors,ou=configuration,ou=system,