directory-users mailing list archives

From "Barnes, Jeffrey (GE Global Research, consultant)" <jbar...@ge.com>
Subject Latter-version file name/locations: server.xml and apacheds-tools.jar
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 17:18:55 GMT
Hi all,

For ApacheDS v1.5.7, we had advised modifying these two files to add some authentication information.
In the latest v2.0 installation, however, the server.xml file (used to be in <installation
home>/instances/default/conf folder) no longer exists, nor does the apacheds-tools.jar
file (used to be in the /bin directory).

In their wisdom, we only certify against v1.5.7, but it would be nice to give someone using
the latest version a hint as to where they might try to implement authentication. As a technical
writer, I can get around certain roadblocks, but not when the directory structure and file
name change.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Jeffrey L. Barnes
Contract Technical Writer