directory-users mailing list archives

From Linus van Geuns <li...@vangeuns.name>
Subject Re: Retrieving Salts
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:28:36 GMT
Hey,

I cannot speak from experience with salted userPassword values of ApacheDS,
but usually they are stored within the attribute userPassword itself.
Format:

e.g. for password "test123":
userPassword: {SSHA}e8wXXTVuvS5IPd0tueLHnrWYrgJZtL1j

The presence and length of the salt and the length of the hash depend on
the chosen algorithm.

Regards, Linus

--
Linus van Geuns