directory-users mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Wayne" <wzh...@visa.com>
Subject RE: Any doc about how to use ApacheDS as a proxy
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:50:46 GMT
I am following your  advice to use 2.0M8. But it seems that you do not have one for Solaris
platform. Is that really the case?

I will have to get all the source and build it on Solaris? Has anyone done that before? I
know it is in Java but sometime, depending on the internal, we still need to do some porting
before it can be fully compatible with a new platform, right?

Thanks.

Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: ayyagarikiran@gmail.com [mailto:ayyagarikiran@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Kiran Ayyagari
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:27 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Any doc about how to use ApacheDS as a proxy

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Zhang, Wayne <wzhang@visa.com> wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> About the version, we might need to stay with 1.5.8 since it is
> sometime just mentality. But not me, it is my above. We need to take
> very stable one rather than "largely stable".
>
> AFAIU you are not going to store any data in the ApacheDS so it
> actually
doesn't matter much about the version you use.
and using the new version actually makes it easier to implement your proxy interceptor with
the client API [1]

> So, for 1.5.8, do you think you can give me any hints of example code
> or document to show me how to configure it so that the backend is a
> 3rd party LDAP server rather than ApacheDS?
>
> the only way is to write a custom interceptor to delegate all the
operations to be performed on the other server.
You can use the client API to connect to the other server from the new interceptor

> I guess the trick might be the
> "<directoryService>#directoryService</directoryService>" configured
> for a "ldapServer" in the server.xml. It looks like that is the
> "backend". But I cannot find any guide on how to configure a
> "directoryService" for a 3rd party LDAP server.
>
> no, this is an essential part of the server and as mentioned above you
need to write a custom interceptor

[1] http://directory.apache.org/api/java-api.html

--
Kiran Ayyagari