directory-users mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Wayne" <wzh...@visa.com>
Subject RE: Any doc about how to use ApacheDS as a proxy
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 22:02:14 GMT
Thank you.

About the version, we might need to stay with 1.5.8 since it is sometime just mentality. But
not me, it is my above. We need to take very stable one rather than "largely stable".

So, for 1.5.8, do you think you can give me any hints of example code or document to show
me how to configure it so that the backend is a 3rd party LDAP server rather than ApacheDS?

I guess the trick might be the "<directoryService>#directoryService</directoryService>"
configured for a "ldapServer" in the server.xml. It looks like that is the "backend". But
I cannot find any guide on how to configure a "directoryService" for a 3rd party LDAP server.

Any hints?

Thanks.

Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: ayyagarikiran@gmail.com [mailto:ayyagarikiran@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Kiran Ayyagari
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 1:49 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Any doc about how to use ApacheDS as a proxy

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:13 AM, Zhang, Wayne <wzhang@visa.com> wrote:

> I really appreciate your response.
>
> you are welcome, anytime

> I did add a new interceptor and I was able to intercept (actually "bind"
> was the one fitting my need since I need the passwd) it. I could get
> all the information and change information.
>
> But what I need is to make it flow through and eventually goes to
> another LDAP server for the final processing.
>
> I am using 1.5.8 version and could not see the "
> DelegatingAuthenticator.java" you mentioned. It seems that is in 2.0.
> But I want to use a stable version and did not go 2.0. Will this still
> be doable in 1.5.8?
>
>  yes, it is still doable, however I would suggest you use the latest
version, note that things are largely stabilized in 2.0  so not much disruption and the latest
is much much better than earlier versions. Feel free to ping us anytime  And otoh, with Studio's
new capabilities configuring the 2.0 server is going to be a very very smooth.

In either case just contact us if you need anything with version >= 1.5.7

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com