directory-users mailing list archives

From Sketch <sketchguard-apa...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: SshaPasswordHasingInterceptor (2.0.0-M8 embedded) Problem
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:32:50 GMT
I originally tried it that way but I was getting a Null when trying to get the list prior to
calling directoryService.startup().

List<Interceptor> interceptors = directoryService.getInterceptors(); // RETURNS NULL
prior to service startup

So unless I'm ment to populate all the Interceptors first, I found that starting then stopping
allowed me to insert the hashing interceptor. Should I be doing it a different way?

________________________________
 From: Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org>
To: users@directory.apache.org; Sketch <sketchguard-apache@yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, 18 December 2012, 9:18
Subject: Re: SshaPasswordHasingInterceptor (2.0.0-M8 embedded) Problem

this restart can be avoided if you modify the interceptor list before starting up the directory
service

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Sketch <sketchguard-apache@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Kiran,

>Thanks for taking to time to reply.
>
>I have solved this now. My mistake was not restarting the DirectoryService object after
making the modification to the interceptors list. Inserting before  SchemaInterceptor as
you suggested and then shutting down and restarting the service fixes my mistake.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com