directory-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Duan" <nd...@dtechspace.com>
Subject RE: Any doc about how to use ApacheDS as a proxy
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 22:42:25 GMT
If you are not tied to Apache DS, you may want to consider OpenLDAP.  It has
the proxy function built in.   Is there specific reason/business case for
using ApacheDS as LDAP proxy?

ND

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhang, Wayne [mailto:wzhang@visa.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 4:43 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: RE: Any doc about how to use ApacheDS as a proxy

I really appreciate your response.

I did add a new interceptor and I was able to intercept (actually "bind" was
the one fitting my need since I need the passwd) it. I could get all the
information and change information.

But what I need is to make it flow through and eventually goes to another
LDAP server for the final processing.

I am using 1.5.8 version and could not see the "
DelegatingAuthenticator.java" you mentioned. It seems that is in 2.0. But I
want to use a stable version and did not go 2.0. Will this still be doable
in 1.5.8?

Thanks.

Wayne