directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New partition in ADS 2.0 M8
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 11:30:24 GMT
On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Andreas Blatzheim <
andreas.blatzheim@netcologne.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm new to ApacheDS and for sure have some questions.
>
> I try to create my own partition but get some error messages. So here is
> what I did so far:
>
> 0. Install JAVA on the Ubuntu Box
> 1. Install the .deb package of apache 2.0.0 M8 at a Ubuntu Server.
> 2. Change the wrapper.conf at
> /var/lib/<apacheds-dir>/default/conf/wrapper.conf to get the right java-vm
> 3. Start ApacheDS in console mode and test functions with ApacheDS Studio.
>
> Up  to this point everything works fine. However I like to get rid of the
> dc=example, dc=com partition. So I tried to rename it, which is not
> possible for the rootDSE.

you should not edit the rootDSE but the value of the attribute
ads-partitionsuffix of the entry
ads-partitionId=example,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
and restart the server
(you can rename this entry later to suit your choice, but that is not
critical, the important thing is the value of ads-partitionsuffix)

> In addition I tried to follow some descriptions from the mailing list. But
> that caused some errors in the ApacheDS Studio. As a result I can not load
> the current config and add a partition.
> So I decided to create my own LDIF with the tools of ApacheDS Studio,
> store them on the server and create a 2nd instance. If I now start the
> apacheDS Server I got some error messages.
>
> looks like your config.ldif is corrupted, share your config.ldif with us
if possible

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com