directory-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Duan" <nd...@dtechspace.com>
Subject Configure LDAPS with 1x and 2x SSL on ApacheDS 2.0 M8
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 18:31:33 GMT
Could someone share some info/hits on how to setup ApacheDS 2.0 with 1 way
and 2 way SSL (LDAPS)?  I was able to enable to run LDAPS in 1 way SSL with
the server using ApacheStudio by enabling the default LDAPS settings on
ApacheDS and using the server self-generated certs, but unable to configure
the server using external certificates.   It seems there is lack of doc on
this topic.   I am particularly interested in finding answers to the
following problems:

1.       I found the two LDAPS related attributes, ads-certificatePassword
and ads=keystoreFile, under the node ou=config, ou=service,
ou=ads-serviceid=ldapServer, but couldn't find any attribute that specifies
the keystore password.   Would a keystore password required in this case?

2.       How to specify truststore file path and password, and cert id,
etc.?  If to configure LDAPS using 2 way SSL (i.e. using client cert for
authentication)

3.       Where is the default self-signed certificate file/keystore
generated by ApacheDS?

Any help and suggestions are highly appreciated.

ND