directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible regression for substring search on indexes?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:46:19 GMT
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM,  <Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com> wrote:
> OK thanks for the quick response. I've built and tested (revision 1398757) but is still
taking several minutes to return substring search. I'm doing my searching via Studio and have
exclusive access
> To the directory. Interestingly, it somehow knows that count right away but doesn't return
anything for several mintues.

> I just swapped out the jar (with the one from a week ago) in this case bc I was hoping
to validate the test without needing to rebuild and re-import all the users.
> I would rebuild everything before for production but to test this correction, do I need
to do this?

better to rebuild the server and overwrite the existing jars
> Also, months ago we had an explicit index on entryUUID but we removed it when we didn't
see it in the stock config.ldif.
> entryCSN does have an index.

it is not needed anymore, cause we now use entryUUID as the *ID* of
entry and master table contains these IDs as keys
> These are the indexed attrs on the partition. After the ldif import they all had grown
in size (on disk) so I'm fairly confident they're being populated.
> Are we missing any that would work in conjunction with index searches? Thanks!
>
> apacheRdn
> apacheSubLevel
> apachePresence
> apacheOneLevel
> apacheOneAlias
> apacheSubAlias
> apacheAlias
> entryCSN
> krb5PrincipalName
> objectClass
> ou
> uid
> employeeNumber
> displayName
> cn
> mail
> roomNumber
> pwdPolicySubEntry
> member
> description
> givenName
> sn
> administrativeRole

no, nothing is missing, otoh, do you really have the .db files related
to ONE and SUB level indices (not ONE and SUB level *aliases*)
curious cause they are no longer created/used by the server
> Regards,
> Carlo Accorsi

setup as it has been for the past several months. There are 80k users.

>> (sn=Thompson)  returns in miliseconds
>> (sn=Thompso*)  returns after 3-4 minutes.
>>
>> This seems very much like an issue we had back and in June (and was fixed).  Any
help is most appreciated. We need this build for all the good work Karin did on the password
policy.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com