directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible regression for substring search on indexes?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 03:13:57 GMT
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:34 AM,  <Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com> wrote:
> Just realized my partition doesn't have a ads-contextentry..  Is this critical? Could
this be a factor?  We didn't have it in our M8 instances.

no this is not critical
> Ok, I'll try and run the tests but it won't be until later and  I know you are leaving.
Thanks for your help. If it's not working, we can sort it out when you get back.

can you turn logging on at debug level in the server and report any
unexpected behavior (exceptions etc.)

below is a sample log4j configuration I use

log4j.rootCategory=OFF, stdout, file

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=[%d{HH:mm:ss}] %p [%c] - %m%n

log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=[%d{HH:mm:ss}] %p [%c] - %m%n
log4j.appender.file.File=/tmp/mmr.log
log4j.appender.file.MaxFileSize=5120KB
log4j.appender.file.MaxBackupIndex=5

log4j.logger.org.apache.directory.server.core.partition=FATAL
log4j.logger.org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model=FATAL
log4j.logger.org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec=FATAL
log4j.logger.org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.ldif=FATAL

#please keep the below levels at FATAL or WARNING only to reduce the noise
log4j.logger.org.apache.directory.shared.util.Strings=FATAL
log4j.logger.ATTRIBUTE_TYPE=FATAL
log4j.logger.SYNTAX_CHECKER=FATAL
log4j.logger.MATCHING_RULE=FATAL
log4j.logger.LDAP_SYNTAX=FATAL
log4j.logger.org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.schema=FATAL
log4j.logger.JdbmTable=FATAL
log4j.logger.JdbmIndex=FATAL
log4j.logger.BaseRecordManager=FATAL
log4j.logger.LOG_CHANGES=FATAL
log4j.logger.net=FATAL
log4j.logger.aci-logger=FATAL
log4j.logger.DupsCursor=FATAL
log4j.logger.PROVIDER_LOG=FATAL
log4j.logger.CONSUMER_LOG=FATAL
log4j.logger.CURSOR=FATAL
log4j.logger.org.apache.directory.shared.asn1.ber=FATAL

> Regards,
> Carlo Accorsi

kind, seemingly under any circumstances when doing a substring search.
>> I get instant results when doing an exact match but the substring searches are not
working.

>> sn=Smith
>>
>> However,
>> sn=Smit*
>>
>> The result comes back (0, filtered) from Studio.
>>
>> At one point there were some corrections to normalize data (to
>> lowercase) in the indexes. I tested searching against
>>
>> sn=smit*
>>
>> after saving the field back to 'smith' and still no results.
>>
>> I check out from here.  Is this where I should? Thanks!
>> svn checkout
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk-with-dependen
>> cies
> This link or http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/
>
> but you will get the same sources.
>
> Ths is quite strange, as the tests I conducted shown that the substring filter was correctly
returning the right values...

> I have added a test that demonstrate the subsctring search works on indexed attributes
:

> Can you test that this test works for you ?
>
> Sady, I'm MIA for a few days, with little internet connection and time to check that.
Kiran or Pierre-Arnaud, you may give me an hand while I'm not around ?

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com