directory-users mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Wayne" <Wayne_John...@bmc.com>
Subject Getting source for apacheds-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 22:03:49 GMT
I'm trying to track down source for an old snapshot of ApacheDS so I can do some debugging.
Yea, it's old, stop laughing.  We are using apacheds-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT that was built on 8/9/2007.
Stop laughing.  My hope was to check out the source from subversion.  The web page suggests
the URL http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/branches/1.0-with-dependencies/
for that old branch but the URL no longer works and there does not appear to be a 1.0-with-dependencies
anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Was that branch deleted?  Any way to re-create it?

We're in the process of migrating to DS 1.5.7 or 2.0.0 but we need some way to get the data
migrated over.  I tried simply opening the JDBM files from 1.0.3 but it appears that the
Java package names ensconced in the data serialization are not longer available under 1.5.7.
My next hope was to extract the data from the old 1.0.3 database with a serverless LDAP query
(i.e. calling the Java methods without going over a network).  But to dig into the code to
find those methods will require the source.  Thus the request.

Anyone have any pointers on migration data from 1.0.3 to 1.5.7 (or better).

Stop laughing...