directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Studio not able view/edit gidNumber
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 09:38:16 GMT
Hi,

On 11 oct. 2012, at 07:50, prerana.punjabi@wipro.com wrote:

> Hello Apache Team,
>
> Please can you help us or direct us with 2 quires that we have:
>
> We are currently using WSO2 4.0 M8. We created some users and were using Apache Studio
to view the Apache DS schema embedded in the WSO2 identity server.

> A)      We were able to see the user details, claims, uid etc. But,  gidNumber (POSIX
GID number) is not displayed/editable in the LDAP browser of Apache Directory Studio. We installed
Apache Directory Studio and binded it with Apache DS of IS. Now, we want to put the gidNumber
of "admin" (default user created by IS) as 0. But,

> 1.       We were not able to view the gidNumber of admin in the LDAP browser.
> 2.       Even If we go ahead and add it any way we get an error message and the attribute
is automatically removed.  But the Schema Browser tab shows gidNumber attribute type in it.
> 3.       When we try to import an already existing Example.ldif file into Apache Directory
Studio almost all the directory tree is imported (the rules, gropus etc) but the users come
up empty. PFA. The log files and the ldif file

There might be a ACL preventing you to see/edit this attribute, as Emmanuel explained.

You might also run into the problem described by DIRSTUDIO-823 [1] with a value exceeding
Java Integer max value.

But clearly, this seems to be a WSO2 problem and you should probably contact them.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-823

>  I understand, Only if we view, we would be able to change the value. Pls. suggest how
we can go about this. Any pointers in this regard would be highly helpful for us.

> B)       Furthermore, if this gets resolve, we also want to add PAM as an “ou” and
use PAM for authentication and Mapping LDAP users to Linux user groups how can I go about
this. We have read though many sites but not very sure of the procedure.