directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom objects
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:13:38 GMT
Le 10/23/12 1:55 PM, Merve Temizer a écrit :
> I could define several object model by writing specs of its attributes into
> an ldif file and import them into schema.
>
> Now i want to ask
>
> Can i define object models like a map, which contains keys and their
> values, but keys are not hard coded, modifiable like values.
>
> Or is there an attribute type which can contain keys and values map in it?

Three things :
- Attributes can contain opaque values : as soon as your client know how
to deserialize the data, you are good. Just be sure to use an
OCTET_STRING syntax
- If you want to be able to do fancy things like indexing, ordering,
etc, you will need to extend the schema by adding an LdapSyntax, the
needed MatchingRules, associated with the Comparator that will be used.
- Or you can store a plain Java object using the java schema, which
contains the javaSerializedData (OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.4.1.8) to
store things like a Map.

Hope it helps...

--
Regards,