directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible regression for substring search on indexes?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 21:54:51 GMT
Le 10/17/12 11:10 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com a écrit :
> Hi, All - I've rebuilt from the trunk this morning twice and loaded our users from scratch.
>
> The out of memory errors are gone, thank you but now we don't get results of any kind,
seemingly under any circumstances when doing a substring search.
> I get instant results when doing an exact match but the substring searches are not working.
>
> sn=Smith
>
> However,
> sn=Smit*
>
> The result comes back (0, filtered) from Studio.
>
> At one point there were some corrections to normalize data (to lowercase) in the indexes.
I tested searching against

> sn=smit*
>
> after saving the field back to 'smith' and still no results.
>
> I check out from here.  Is this where I should? Thanks!
> svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk-with-dependencies
This link or http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/

but you will get the same sources.

Ths is quite strange, as the tests I conducted shown that the substring
filter was correctly returning the right values...

I have added a test that demonstrate the subsctring search works on
indexed attributes :

Can you test that this test works for you ?

Sady, I'm MIA for a few days, with little internet connection and time
to check that. Kiran or Pierre-Arnaud, you may give me an hand while I'm
not around ?

Thanks !

--
Regards,