directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible regression for substring search on indexes?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:52:49 GMT
Le 10/15/12 11:52 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com a écrit :
> Hi, we're using M9 built from the trunk on Wednesday of last week. We have our db setup
as it has been for the past several months. There are 80k users.

> (sn=Thompson)  returns in miliseconds
> (sn=Thompso*)  returns after 3-4 minutes.
>
> This seems very much like an issue we had back and in June (and was fixed).  Any help
is most appreciated. We need this build for all the good work Karin did on the password policy.

> Thank you, Carlo Accorsi

I have created a JIRA for this problem :

Since the extensive modifications I have made last month, I confirm that
substring filters are not used during the evaluation and that leads to a
full scan. This is my mistake, I'm working on fixing it atm.

Thanks for the report !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,