directory-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: Possible regression for substring search on indexes?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 22:04:46 GMT
Just realized my partition doesn't have a ads-contextentry..  Is this critical? Could this
be a factor?  We didn't have it in our M8 instances.

Ok, I'll try and run the tests but it won't be until later and  I know you are leaving. Thanks
for your help. If it's not working, we can sort it out when you get back.

Carlo Accorsi

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny []
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: Possible regression for substring search on indexes?

Le 10/17/12 11:10 PM, a écrit :
> Hi, All - I've rebuilt from the trunk this morning twice and loaded our users from scratch.
> The out of memory errors are gone, thank you but now we don't get results of any kind,
seemingly under any circumstances when doing a substring search.
> I get instant results when doing an exact match but the substring searches are not working.
> sn=Smith
> However,
> sn=Smit*
> The result comes back (0, filtered) from Studio.
> At one point there were some corrections to normalize data (to
> lowercase) in the indexes. I tested searching against
> sn=smit*
> after saving the field back to 'smith' and still no results.
> I check out from here.  Is this where I should? Thanks!
> svn checkout
> cies
This link or

but you will get the same sources.

Ths is quite strange, as the tests I conducted shown that the substring filter was correctly
returning the right values...

I have added a test that demonstrate the subsctring search works on indexed attributes :

Can you test that this test works for you ?

Sady, I'm MIA for a few days, with little internet connection and time to check that. Kiran
or Pierre-Arnaud, you may give me an hand while I'm not around ?

Thanks !

Emmanuel Lécharny

View raw message