directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject build monday from trunk very slow for ldif import
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 02:55:55 GMT
Hi, I'm still trying finish the testing of all the Password policy work Karin did over the
weekend but I have another issue that's come up.  Ldif imports are extremely slow.

During our testing, we often delete the entire partition directory to start fresh. When the
server starts, it lays down the partition and .db files as defined config.ldif.

Anyway, we used to import (via studio) an ldif file with 80k entries and it would load about
90 entries per second.  That was great!
With this build it's going at about 4-5 entries per second.

We noticed is that previously, the partition .db files would not change (on disk) until after
the ldif import was complete.
Then when we stopped the server, it was like the entire import got flushed to the disk at
once. The files would go from 20K to 400MB.
With this build, it seems to be updating the files as it goes. Could this be the reason?

Also, this is the first build I noticed the .lg files in the partition directory. I think
they're there for journaling but don't know if that's an option something new?

We removed all the password policy Attributes from my ldif file thinking that was slowing
it down but it's essentially the same performance.
Below is my partition and all the indexes are set like the one I included. Any changes that
would affect this in the last few weeks.  Anyone else seeing this? Thanks!

dn: ads-partitionId=cpro,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
objectclass: top
objectClass: ads-base
objectclass: ads-partition
objectclass: ads-jdbmPartition
ads-indexes: apacheRdn
ads-indexes: apacheSubLevel
ads-indexes: apachePresence
ads-indexes: apacheOneLevel
ads-indexes: apacheOneAlias
ads-indexes: apacheSubAlias
ads-indexes: apacheAlias
ads-indexes: entryCSN
ads-indexes: krb5PrincipalName
ads-indexes: objectClass
ads-indexes: ou
ads-indexes: uid
ads-indexes: employeeNumber
ads-indexes: displayName
ads-indexes: cn
ads-indexes: mail
ads-indexes: roomNumber
ads-indexes: pwdPolicySubEntry
ads-indexes: member
ads-indexes: description
ads-indexes: givenName
ads-indexes: sn
ads-indexes: administrativeRole
ads-partitionSuffix: o=cpro
ads-jdbmpartitionoptimizerenabled: TRUE
ads-partitioncachesize: 100
ads-partitionsynconwrite: TRUE
ads-partitionid: cpro
ads-enabled: TRUE

#index example, they're all like this..HasReverse=FALSE
dn: ads-indexAttributeId=uid,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=cpro,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ads-indexattributeid: uid
ads-indexHasReverse: FALSE
ads-indexcachesize: 100
objectclass: ads-index