directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing password as user does not clear pwdGraceUseTime and update pwdChangedTime
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 07:58:08 GMT
the pwdGraceUseTime attribute should get deleted if the modification succeeds,
are you sure that the modification done by user is successful?

I have added a test case testGraceAuth() in PasswordPolicyTest in core-integ to
demonstrate that the said attribute gets deleted upon successful
modification of userPassword attribute.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM,  <Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks  -  been away ApacheDS for a while.. back again..
>
> We built from the trunk on Friday 8/24 and are testing the password policy functionality.
>
> When a user has a password policy assigned via pwdPolicySubentry and the policy attribute
ads-pwdgraceauthnlimit is set to 5 for example,
> and the password age has expired, a pwdGraceUseTime field (on the user) is set with the
timestamp of the login. This is all working great!

> We process the response controls and that event forces a user to change their password,
which they successfully do.

> However, even though the password is successfully changed, the:
> pwdGraceUseTime fields are not removed and
> pwdChangedTime does not update.
>
> A subsequent login by the user with the new password (just set) triggers the same response
controls and the process repeats, setting another pwdGraceUseTime field.
> I'm not running out of grace logins. When this happens it's understood nothing can be
done without an admin reset.

> If an admin changes the password, the fields are removed and the pwdChangedTime field
is updated as it should.
> We need the password reset as the user because we're also using the pwdReset functionality
.

> This is how we're changing the passwords. This operation performed with the user's credentials
NOT an admin.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com