directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Question regarding editing with Apache Directory Studio the default server created with ApacheDS
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 10:29:21 GMT
Hi,

On 23 août 2012, at 10:52, Florin Pinte <fpinte@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i am new to
> using the Apache directory server. I am looking for a way to edit the default
> server instance (which I created with ApacheDS ) with the Apache Directory Studio
> LDAP browser. I haven’t found a way yet to import the default server created
> with ApacheDS to Apache Directory Studio.

I'm having trouble understanding the issue here.

> My goal is
> to edit the schema and data of the directory server with Apache Directory Studio
> and be able to start the server from a Windows command line (with “C:\Program
> Files (x86)\ApacheDS\bin wrapper.exe –s…”). I don’t want to start the Apache
Directory
> Studio application every time I want to start the LDAP Sever.

Then, you could probably do the following:
- install ApacheDS (the Directory Server not the Studio) using specific windows installer
- use Apache Directory Studio to :
    - Edit the configuration using the ApacheDS Configuration plugin
    - Edit the schema of the server using the Schema Editor plugin (which can be exported
for ApacheDS in LDIF format)
    - Edit the data of your ApacheDS instance with the LDAP Browser plugin (browse/add entries,
import LDIF files, etc.)

The ApacheDS instance should be easy to launch either:
- from command line with our bat script
- from the service utility in Windows.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud