directory-users mailing list archives

From vlad florentino <megav...@gmail.com>
Subject Auto push schemas to server?
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 17:08:15 GMT
Hello,

Is it possible to edit OpenLDAP schema files from Apache Directory Studio
such that those schemas are automatically pushed onto the server from
within ADS?

Currently, I'm having to go through this process to create schema content
that I can use in my directory:
   1 - Edit schema to add objectclasses/attributes
   2 - Export them to the local filesystem from ADS
   3 - Upload them to the server
   4 - Run a script on the uploaded data, to turn it from the ADS exported
format, to the new OpenLDAP format (LDIF).
   5 - Restart the OpenLDAP
   6 - Refresh ADS to get the new schemas

If what I'm asking is possible, then the steps after #1 would be automatic,
as the schema is edited and saved/pushed.

Regards,
Vlad