directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2nd Entry in Apache Directory Studio for Common Name
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 23:16:56 GMT
Le 8/1/12 10:55 PM, chris_news@arcor.de a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> why is Apache Directory Studio adding a second Common Name entry, when importing an LDIF-file
which contains a base64 encoded Common Name?

> Directory Studio creates a Common Name Entry: Joe Doe and a second one cn=Joe Doe. The
cn= is part of the attribute's value! The cn= is not contained in the LDIF-file.

> Apache Directory Studio does not create this second value, if CN is not base64 encoded
in the LDIF-file.

> ldapadd (OpenLDAP) never adds this redundant entry.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Chris
Hi,

if you don't provide any more context, like the LDIF file you are trying
to import, there is little we can tell you about what's going on.

I suggest you read
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise...

--
Regards,