directory-users mailing list archives

From Ike Ikonne <iiko...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: where is can I change the ApacheDS admin credential
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 22:24:04 GMT
Hi Kiran,

Thanks so much, now, is there a documentation for this so that I may
familiarize myself with
the stuff in config.ldif.  All the documentation that I still see is based
on server.xml format.  Basically,
where can I get a document that explains the structure and stuff in
config.ldif and also how I may
go about editing/modifying the default entries in config.ldif.

Thanks,

Ike

From:   Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org>
To:     users@directory.apache.org,
Date:   07/26/2012 11:54 AM
Subject:        Re: where is can I change the ApacheDS admin credential
Sent by:        ayyagarikiran@gmail.com

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Ike Ikonne <iikonne@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently upgraded my ApacheDS to version ApacheDS-2.0.0-M7, I am
having
> a hard time finding a place where to change the default admin credential
> from
> secret to something else. In the prior version of ApacheDS that I had, I
> was able
> to do this in the server.xml, but now we have the config.ldif.  I have
> searched the
> ApacheDS site, but could not see any documentation regarding the
> config.ldif.
> Could someone point me to where I can get the documentation regarding
the
> config.ldif and also the current location where I could change the
default
> admin
> credential?  Also, where do a specify the keystore for  ApacheDS to use.
directly change the userPassword attribute of the entry
uid=admin,ou=system
this password is not stored in config.ldif

and for the keystore
goto the entry
ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config

and add the below attributes
ads-keystoreFile
ads-certificatePassword

--