directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: where is can I change the ApacheDS admin credential
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:52:57 GMT
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Ike Ikonne <iikonne@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently upgraded my ApacheDS to version ApacheDS-2.0.0-M7, I am having
> a hard time finding a place where to change the default admin credential
> from
> secret to something else. In the prior version of ApacheDS that I had, I
> was able
> to do this in the server.xml, but now we have the config.ldif.  I have
> searched the
> ApacheDS site, but could not see any documentation regarding the
> config.ldif.
> Could someone point me to where I can get the documentation regarding the
> config.ldif and also the current location where I could change the default
> admin
> credential?  Also, where do a specify the keystore for  ApacheDS to use.
directly change the userPassword attribute of the entry uid=admin,ou=system
this password is not stored in config.ldif

and for the keystore
goto the entry ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config

and add the below attributes
ads-keystoreFile
ads-certificatePassword

--